Monday, August 10, 2009

Bianca Manalo: A Contender??






When she won the Binibining Pilipinas Universe title, I wasn't so sure I agreed with the judges final decision. I was pulling for Marie-Ann Umali, for that position and Bianca Manalo for the Miss World placing. However, after a tremendous improvement, and a new and competitive attitude, I see a fierce competitor in the making. Bianca Manalo wants to bring Pride back to the Philippines, and I have no doubt in my mind that she can do it. Ever since arriving in the Bahamas, she's proven to be a strong competitor and if all goes well, she will be noticed by the prelim judges, and they will give her a spot in the semis. She has the spice and the determination that Jennifer Barrientos lacked. I think that Bianca's confidence shines though and her hunger for a semi-finals spot goes a little deeper than "Pilipino" Pride. I think that there may be a little healthy sibling rivalry, between her and her older sister, Katherine Anne Manalo, who placed in the top 10 of Miss World 2002. I think that she wants to prove that if Kate can do it, so can she....and that drive will be her greatest determination in working as hard as she possibly can to secure her a spot in the semis. I think it's great, because the confidence definitely shows. So to answer my question.....Pamela Bianca Manalo is definitely a SOLID contender for the Miss Universe finals. You can bet your ass on it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment