Saturday, June 28, 2008

MY FAVORITE MISS UNIVERSE(S) of ALL TIME

Miss Universe has been gracing our pageant obsessed minds since 1952. I started watching the pageant in 1993, when Dayanara Torres of Puerto Rico won the crown. I became obsessed with it in 1997, when Brooke Lee of the USA won in Miami. After my interest had become a hobby, I started to research all of the former beauty queens and the history of the pageant. I have 3 favorite beauty queens, and they are all within the past 11 year time period.

Wendy Fitzwilliam of Trinidad & Tobago is my first favorite queen. She was crowned in Hawaii in 1998, and she was the most sophisticated woman I had ever seen. she rocked my world, and when she faltered during her final answer...my heart went out for her, but I knew the judges had to give the crown to her, because her performance up until that point was flawless. When Jack Wagner announced her as the winner.....I felt so happy and proud.
Jennifer Hawkins was a surprise favorite of mine. She was one of those girls, that you didn't really notice until the finals, and then she kind of grew on you. I didn't even put the girl in my preliminary favorites. Then she came out of nowhere during pageant and I adored her. She looked amazing during and after her reign, that I could not help but really like her. And her beauty was very refreshing, spunky and just an overall, natural. She was definitely NOT a pageant patty!

Natalie was the one I chose to win from the very start. She was my favorite during the Canadian pageant, and when she arrived in Thailand, looking the way she did, I had no doubt in mind that she was going to take the Universe by storm. Her body and evening gown were flawless, and she was the MOST intelligent out of the top 5. My personal opinion on girls that use translators even though they can already speak English-NOT FAIR. It buys the girl extra time to think about their answer. And if you watch the pageant all over again-the girls that used a translator answered in English. Natalie was the only one who answered her final question, without having it repeated. Overall though, Natalie was the best bet of 2005!

No comments:

Post a Comment